Skip to main content

An Asturian in the Baltic League of League of Legends, La Rocambolesca History of Carmen Junquera

Eco-friendly Spain (straight translation into English of the Spanish España Verde, although in Spanish the phrase cornisa cantábrica is a lot more commonly made use of and also favored) is the name provided to a rich natural area in North Spain, extending along the Atlantic coast from the boundary with Portugal to the boundary with France. The area includes almost all of Galicia, Asturias, as well as Cantabria, along with the northern parts of the Basque Nation, in addition to a tiny part of Navarre.

Life is like an airplane, while we are immersed on your trip and we reach destiny things are quite simple, but if we stop and look with perspective everything that has happened throughout human history so that we can go from a Point A at a point B flying 800 kilometers per hour, it is really amazing. It can be the most normal for us in the present to have such work or live in such a city, but we align the huge amount of facts that have been united as pearls on a necklace to make us reach a certain point in life, can until giving vertigo .

And that is something that could happen to Carmen Carmeline Junquera , a young Spanish one from that green and proud region that is Asturias, whose love for electronic sports has led him to be the presenter of a European competition of League of Legends so exotic as the Baltic Masters of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania . We have talked to her from her story full of coincidences, the decisive moments in her race and her aspirations for the future.

In search of his Molinón

Carmen's family shares a passion with many of the villagers of Jovellanos: the Sporting de Gijón . All his relatives know that Sundays are days reserved to go to Molinón - Enrique Castro Quini, but she waited for a long time feeling something like sport king without too successful: _ I come from a family football. seen very happy and excited when they went to the sporting soccer matches of Gijón. In fact, my uncle has been a member of 30 years. I always thought 'When will this happen to me? When will I fall in love with the team And football? '_

But something broke her life just as she studied at Tourism , something that even made her think about her future work and pull her on a very specific educational branch. This is how you tell us: _ I discover the ESPORTS in 2015, I pose it as a professional option, but at events, because I studied tourism. Arrives 2017 and I do a Master at Events, Communication and Marketing, with the intention of working in ESTENTS OF ESPORTS, AND THERE I tried to put a little the foundations of this _.

This professional and educational slope begins to bear fruit shortly after, when she she specializes more concrete in electronic sports . _ I decide to follow that road with a course in professionalization of ESPORTS, and there I did quite networking, I met a lot of people. And I ended up working at events, but it was just already at a time of Coronavirus, so they were all digital., _ Carmen relates.

The time of the Epiphany

Already from the beginning of the talk, a place and a moment appears as a key in the professional life of Carmen: your visit to it to the studies of LEC, at that time European LCS . _ When I went for the first time to Lec (before European LCS) it was a wonderful experience and suddenly I realized that I liked to be in front of a camera _, Carmen tells us rightly after explaining how he made the decision to go To the Berlin studies. One that would change her life, or at least she would make him prone to change it.

Because yes, Carmen then found his particular Molinón : _ When I went the first time, I was studying in Ghent and I realized that it was very cheap from traveling to Berlin. I decided to go to the LCS, in January 2017, And I returned in June of that year because I liked it a lot, it is a very particular experience. I entered there and I realized that I had found my people, I had entered my world. A feeling of belonging, with a lot of expectation and that there was no Experienced until then. _

Although beyond the parties and knowing their idols, a concrete experience was paid from the dreams of Carmen with force: _ I was the typical one with my birthday card, to give me my yincane prizes that It was then. It turns out that one day they played that they sign up the postter of guardians of the stars, the new family of Skins, I remember that it took a long time to sign and the girl told us: 'How are you taking a lot and finished everything, I do a Tour by Backstage '_. Being able to see the guts of the competition awakened even more the desire to live from the ESPORTS.

Although this ride through the backstage was in one of its latest trips to the competition, it was with the first one with which, in its own way, entered communion with your family : _ Soccer never got me to click , but I felt a similar feeling when I went to the LCS. Then I understood what my family felt with football and Sporting. _.

But she started like a fan

In parallel to their work and training decisions, Carmen begins to fall in love with the electronic sport with League of Legends and the most popular team at that time in Spain; It could not be another that origin . The team founded and led in the summary crack by Henry Xpeke CEDEÑO, lived a few years of extreme popularity before finishing down from the maximum European competition in 2017, and make a fleeting round in 2019 to finish absorbed and buried under the Danish seal Astralis.

As faith in his social networks, was a big fan of the team . Of course, he never stopped looking for opportunities to work in this world and took advantage of his disarray to create content for the Fans Club: _ It turns out that there were many people who wanted to do interviews and content, but he did not like to be in front of A camera. This was how I entered a fan club as it was, we are going, and I offered to do the interviews. Come, Vale 'and so it started everything. _

That road was truncated with the disappearance of the team, although he found house in another National Club, where he performed the same type of content: _ When we saw that origin was going to disappear, we seek the way of continuing with our work and our passion. A Mad Lions that seemed like a good alternative and we were doing interviews with them. _

The opportunity that changes everything

After a while creating content and collaborating with various events and agents of the industry, the opportunity came in a casual search online at the end of last year: _ Suddenly arrived September and I am in Hitmarker, a well-known website for posts I work at ESPORTS ... I was looking for posts, not as a journalist, as a wording or something like that. I had seen that writing was not mine and I saw a commentator position in a female British league who had just begun. _

As a student of tourism and with years of experience, studying their training outside of Spain, English was not a problem for her ... but she needed a push : _ I said, 'Good is English, I have confidence in the language '... but I almost did not present me. It was my mother who told me,' come, send it, that you do not lose anything if you do not take you. I sent my curriculum without any hope and suddenly a message with which I have been Selected. You imagine, almost my first time weary and also in English. _

That offer interested him, because she saw that she fit into perfection and that it was an interesting opportunity to develop her appetite for the ESPORTS. _ This offer caught my attention because it specifically said that they sought women and people from minority collectives in the United Kingdom. I am a woman and Spanish, so I saw possibilities. _, Carmen tells us before talking about someone key in his life from then on: _ I paired, and there was the great luck I had, with a very good British commentator called Viperoon. We started talking, we became supersed and today we are still in touch. In fact, it is often recommended for Projects. I love you a lot and it is a great friend. _

And so the Baltic Masters arrived

Those frantic final months of 2020, welcome a 2021 that begins with an important mail in the Carmen inbox : _ January I had a message in my email asking if I wanted to be the presenter of the Baltic Masters And I, obviously, I said yes. _. An opportunity to be the voice in English of the competition belonging to the European Regional Leagues (ERL) that she could not miss. No matter how much it is a particular region.

_ Has three countries and there is a rule of importing players, you have to have 70% of Latvia, Estonia or Lithuania. They are very tiny countries if you look at it on a map, but they are all together and many cultural roots are shared, a lot Camaran.

The objective of this league for the retransmission team was as modest as noble , although Riot has recently announced his discontinuity and his merger with the ultraliga of Poland: _ Everyone on the team had different transfund , but the same goal: to make the Baltic League known. Or well, that it was known, because Riot has just announced that there will be no more. _

Every certain months, when I played a new edition of the European Masters, everyone put the batteries to try to know more about the European Leagues. But this year, with initiatives like the different parties by selections, and especially, the podcast euniverse which brings together Casters from different ERLs to comment on the present, we have had a greater continuity about this ecosystem.

Carmen thus explains the new stage of the European leagues that began this year: A lot of the talent of these leagues works in his language. That limits a little the relationship between leagues, and it did not make much out of that. Then Euniverse arrives , a project created among several people from different regions, to talk about the presents of leagues that are a little left aside as they are the regional leagues. Then they invite us a day and they ask us to make a video, which does not stop being exposure to us. And today, if you could see the Discord, we have a lot of guas between us, there are people who now want to be caste in other languages ​​and people are willing to help. _

My Digimon Masters Online Team *Updated* It also seems to benefit the scene of the new segments of LEC in which commentators have been present as the narrator of the LVP Ainhoa ​​superliga NOA fields, or the presence of Casters with new accents in the official relay such as the Greek Georgia Troubleinc Paras. Good news for a profession as that of European commentators who in the past suffered from a certain degree of Endogamia.

A bittersweek

At the end of the talk I asked him about the performance of the two Baltic Masters teams at the European Masters, eliminated in the first phase of the play-in, and if it went more with them than with the Spanish teams. Your response leaves things clear: _ Sincerely in the esports I do not feel Spanish, I feel that I have not received that warmth on the part of my country. And it hurts. In part it is a labor issue, I have always liked to travel and be there . I want Spain and I like Asturias, but my dream is to live in Berlin. As for Esports, I will not say that they turned their backs, but I have felt a void. I have tried to take the Spain brand in projects I have been And I feel that I have not received a response or attention. There has not been any kind of feedback, although lately a little more. _

A little pain that can be done with some tears, specifically those of a Carmen a few years ago that I would hallucinate with seeing itself as a presenter of an ERL : _ Yes Years ago I saw my self From now on? I think I would cry. There was a time when I was very frustrated, that I felt that it was in bucket everything I was doing. I would cry a lot and be proud, but also that I am proud of how I could overcome that time. _

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3. League: VFL Osnabrück jumps on ascent square

A language is a scalable system of linguistic, voice, graphics or gestures, which allows communication between individuals. According to the linguist André Martinet, a language is an instrument of communication that the human experience is analyzed, differently in each community, in units endowed with semantic content and phonic expression, the monums; This expression revolves in turn into distinctive and successive units, the phonemes, in number determined in each language, and whose nature and mutual relations also differ from one language to another. The VfL Osnabrück has at least temporarily conquered a rise place in the 3rd league . The relegation came to the start of the 13th matchday against the Halleschen FC not over a 0: 0, but improved behind leader 1. FC Magdeburg ranked two. Osnabrück is likely to be overtaken on Saturday. Halle is for the time being table fever.

Youka-Laylee and the impossible hiding place are difficult on 14 April difficulty options

A Peaceful Place is a 2018 American scary film routed by John Krasinski as well as created by Bryan Woods, Scott Beck and also Krasinski, from a tale developed by Woods as well as Beck. The story rotates around a dad (Krasinski) and also a mother (Emily Blunt) who battle to survive as well as increase their kids (Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe) in a post-apocalyptic world inhabited by blind monsters with an acute feeling of hearing. Beck and also Woods began establishing the tale while in university. In July 2016, Krasinski reviewed their spec manuscript and was hired to route as well as rewrite the script in March the list below year. The film drew ideas from Alien, No Nation for Old Men, and also In the Bed room. Krasinski and also Blunt were cast in the lead roles in May 2017. Recording took place in upstate New York from May to November 2017. A Quiet Place premiered at South by Southwest on March 9, 2018, and was launched in the United States on April 6, 2018, by Paramount Photo

FIFA 22 - Rulebreakers: new cards of Halloween event with HalaAnd, Casemiro and dembééé

As usual every Friday, we have a new active event in FIFA 22. A tradition that on this occasion has left the turn to rulebreakers, a classic of the franchise at the time of Halloween that presents us interesting modified versions of Players. In them, some of their statistics change to increase their assessment and, above all, highlight in some areas where it lacoms its normal version. Thus, we can find ourselves, for example, with a David Silva who handles 87 rhythm instead of the 63 of its standard edition in exchange for losing a little bit of pier. This time there is no complex operation than explaining since the letters do not improve their assessment under any circumstances. However, any of these incorporations to our team will be interesting as they are made to highlight well above other players who have an identical average assessment. First Rulebreakers template in FIFA 22 These are the new Rulebreakers letters that are already available in envelopes. They will remain active